Wednesday 18 December 2019

Diablo 2 / Lord of Destruction



will always be an absolute legendary classic to me. and it would not of mattered if I first played it this year or back in 2001. the game is perfect in my eyes. i wouldn't change anything. the core 5 acts are completely memorable down to the last detail, every quest and almost every unique item is memorable. the loot system is one of the best ever. the controls are unique and feel good.

the UI is among one of my favorites ever, the characters are interesting with tons of builds to make. after you beat the game once, you go to Nightmare and then Hell difficulty and thats when the real game begins. normal playthrough is simply just a tutorial for whats to come in the later difficulties, ramping up all the interesting unique/set items you find, opening up magic find loot run possibilities, grinding bosses for gear, and progressing to the end of Hell. it just never gets old. for example I've frequently just killed the act 3 boss Mephisto 100's of times over and over, just to see what new loot I can acquire to use on a  new character.

it just has a certain timeless charm that I could replay forever

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment