Wednesday 18 December 2019

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory



i just don't know. i guess i hate stealth games. the most interesting part was the character dialoge and storyline, and the campaign really is memorable with some intense moments. but I don't know i really don't like the mechanics. I don't like sitting in a corner and waiting for AI to walk past me or whatever, it's just not fun gameplay to me. I don't like being penalized for wanting to take out my enemy, and having to tediously wait for him to walk to a certain spot to do it.

one of the worst issues is when you finally do all the objectives on a certain level, it doe not tell you where the level exit is. so you could have  an entire map full of enemies and you just simply need to walk to the exist, with no damn idea where it fucking is. I more often than not had to go youtube a level to see where I had to walk to complete the level. Shocking.

the game is polished, and impressive for its time. it must be the genre or something, it just doesn't click with me. i don't like being forced to go slow, i don't like quicksaving before every single guy I see incase I get spotted and ruin 20 minutes of progress. that kind of shit. that's why the score so low.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment