Saturday 7 December 2019

Saints Row 2



 played on a mix between normal/hardcore (mostly hardcore) long time coming, as the story is around 20hrs long . this is by far the best saints row title, 1 and 2 are great open world games, then the series takes a nosedive. the tone is the perfect amount of humour but serious gang warfare. the story and cutscenes are actually really enjoyable and have many badass moments. i can't quite put my finger on why, but i love the combat in this game. the physics and ragdolls are so meaty its just always satisfying to pop off headshots while doing missions never quite gets old. the PC port is atrotious, and I used Gentlemen of the Row (as vanilla as possible) i'm not sure though, how close to vanilla I actually played, as I could hold 50 rockets, 3000 assault rifle ammo, 500 sniper rounds, etc. the game felt too easy even on hardcore --- EXCEPT -- the ONLY thing that kills you 99% of the time is GETTING FUCKING RAGDOLLED by a car/RPG/grenade and losing ALL of your health in a flat second. LAME. other than that, this is one of the rare games where i wasn't wondering "WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END?" infact, i'm kind of sad that it's over.  i can honestly say I enjoyed every second. I even spent countless hours just roaming around the city buying new clothes, cribs, customizing my character etc. a really fun game!

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment